Information we may collect from you
We may collect the following personal data about you:
The personal details you provide (such as name, title, gender, address, e-mail address and phone number) when registering for an IAC membership or enquiring about our services.
Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or that you provide to us when you visit one of our clubs or other premises.
We may also receive other personal or private information about you that you choose to submit to this website.
Security and where we store your personal data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and may involve the transfer of data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This occurs typically through use of cloud solutions for web hosting, email hosting or proprietary software solutions delivered to us through the Cloud. We do not however authorise any third party to use your personal data for their own purposes. Non EEA countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your personal data. By submitting your data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or log-in which enables you to access certain restricted parts of our website, you are responsible for doing everything you reasonably can to keep these details secret. You must not share your password or log-in details with anyone else.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’).
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
The sort of cookies we use may include: Google Analytics
How we use your data
IAC will generally process your personal data for contractual necessity in providing our products and services or its legitimate interests. Where IAC relies on contractual requirements or legitimate interests, the benefits being pursued are:
- To acknowledge, confirm and deal with your membership application
- To deal with any enquiries or complaints you make.
- Where you are a member, provide you with membership services and administer your membership account.
- To provide you or permit selected third-party service providers to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you as a member or membership applicant. If you are an existing member or customer of ours, we will only contact you by electronic means (such as e-mail) with information about goods and services.
- To contact you in connection with user/customer/member surveys and use any information you choose to submit in response.
- To administer our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
- For internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our website secure.
- Complying with/supporting compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- To improve data accuracy and completeness – when you register for our services you may supply us with additional information about yourself which we will use to improve our data accuracy and completeness.
- Where we ask for your consent this will usually be for marketing purposes by email. Where our processing of personal data is based on your having given consent, you have the right as a data subject to withdraw that consent at any time. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on that consent before its withdrawal.
Disclose of your Information
We may disclose your Data to third parties who provide a service to us or in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety of staff or customers.
Links to other Sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any data to those websites.
As an individual, under EU law you have certain rights to apply to us to provide information or make amendments to how we process data relating to you. These rights apply in certain circumstances and are set out below:
- The right to access data relating to you (‘access right’).
- the right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’).
- The right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’
- The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the “right to erasure
- The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (‘right to data portability’).
The controller for the purposes of GDPR is the IAC Network.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this policy from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it. By continuing to use our site or our services or otherwise provide data after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this policy as modified.